Introduction to Search on JuniperMarket
The JuniperMarket search engine will leverage best-in-class technology, including AI and machine learning applied to one of the most expansive database of quality wholesale brands and products in the industries we serve. Our goal is to help buyers and sellers connect and grow their business year-round. In order to facilitate finding the perfect product every time, our search engine combines what we know about our products and our buyers to come up with the most relevant results. This match is heavily dependent on getting accurate and quality product data from our sellers.
Our search goal for JuniperMarket buyers is to deliver the perfect product results for every buyer, every time. When a buyer enters a search term or navigates our categories on JuniperMarket, our search algorithm looks for the most relevant matches.
By keeping their JuniperMarket profile complete and up to date, including industry, business info and product areas of interest, buyers will have more relevant and personalized search results and a more robust sourcing experience on JuniperMarket.
JuniperMarket supports a variety of filter options like color, style, and more. Buyers are encouraged to apply filters to refine what they're looking for. Unique to JuniperMarket is the ability for buyers to view and filter results by brand. Within the brands tab buyers can see a list of sellers with relevant products that match their search terms.
Our search goal for JuniperMarket sellers is to increase visibility and ranking based on relevance to what is searched by the buyer. The search engine weighs many factors to determine ranking based on how important each field is to finding the right product for the buyer. For instance, searches that match a product’s name are more likely to return that product than if it matches some text in the product description. That said, many other factors are considered in the search ranking including:
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Item ID
- Seller/Brand Name
- Attribute & Filter Data
We are constantly improving how buyers shop JuniperMarket and look to continuously enhance and customize how we rank search results. Details of our algorithm change regularly so that we can quickly respond to the evolving market and best help buyers find what they're looking for.
We have provided a list of best practices below to help our sellers get the most of the JuniperMarket search capabilities and ultimately grow their business year-round:
- Product names should be clear and intuitive. Buyers frequently search for products using common terms like “chair” or “candle.” Product names should say exactly what the product is and any unique characteristics that set it apart. Ensure all titles succinctly capture what the product is, and avoid including promo/discount info or Item/SKU numbers in the title field as this will hurt relevance
- Include multiple product photos. Loading clear photos of your product from multiple angles, as well as including lifestyle and/or merchandised product images, will help set you apart from other sellers on JuniperMarket and help buyers fully understand your products and your brand.
- Provide rich and detailed descriptions to explain and differentiate your product. Writing one or more descriptive sentences about your products is not only valuable to search results, it helps buyers feel confident enough to ultimately buy merchandise and sell it to their customers.
- Assign multiple levels of JuniperMarket categories to your products. Buyer searches often include category terms, and category filters are critical tools to help buyers narrow down to the specific items they need or want.
- Refresh your products regularly. New buyers are constantly being added to JuniperMarket and existing buyers come back frequently to discover new brands and find new products. Keeping your assortment fresh and up to date helps you stand out and be discovered by buyers.
- Update your available inventory frequently. Buyers on JuniperMarket prefer to work with sellers who are clear and transparent about available quantities, and buyers often filter by what is in-stock as part of their search and discovery process.
- Feature your complete product catalog. Buyers who search both within and across categories are more likely to discover and shop from sellers that showcase the breadth and depth of their offering.
- Check your buyer leads and orders frequently. Buyers prefer sellers who are responsive and customer service oriented. Prompt response times and frequent communication